Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Baked Chicken with Peaches


Lately, I feel like I've been running around like a mad woman trying to get everything done that I need to during the day/night. It's times like these that I'm grateful for fast and healthy homecooked meals. One that I came across years ago was Baked Chicken with Peaches on the AllRecipes website. It has definitely become my go-to recipe during times of crisis when I can't order food from a restaurant and need a dinner in about 30 minutes. The fruit juice from the peaches keeps this chicken very moist as it bakes. I like to serve it with brown rice and whatever veggies I have on hand. Enjoy!

BAKED CHICKEN WITH PEACHES
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 fresh peaches - pitted, peeled, and sliced (I use canned peaches if fresh aren't available)
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.

Place chicken in the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Place peach slices over chicken, then sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, ginger, cloves, and lemon juice.


Bake for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven, basting often with juices, until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin