Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cornucopia Salad

This salad is the perfect main course salad. It is very filling and lasts for days, even with the dressing on it! It is similar to the layered salads that people put in the clear salad bowls, but I found this recipe to taste a lot better. But of course it would, it came from Paula Deen!

CORNUCOPIA SALAD
  • 1 head iceburg lettuce, washed, patted dry, and torn into pieces (I used a bag of butter lettuce)
  • 1/2 cup diced green pepper
  • 1/2 cup diced celery
  • 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and uncooked
  • 2 (8-ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts
  • 3 bananas, sliced, tossed in 1/4 cup lemon juice (I used 2 apples because Joe is not a fan of bananas)
  • 3/4 cup raisins
  • 3/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
  • 3/4 cup chopped green onions, green part only
  • 10-12 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, chopped
Dressing:
  • 2 cups mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar
In a large rectangular dish, layer salad ingredients in the order listed, stopping after the nuts. Mix dressing ingredients and let stand for 5 minutes. Spread dressing over entire top of salad, covering it completely. Sprinkle cheese, green onions, and bacon over salad. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.

3 comments:

The Hokanson Family said...

DANG IT! I wish I would have looked on your blog earlier tonight...I have all the ingredients for this one and would have made it. My mouth is watering right now thinking about it. Oh well, I'll do it tomorrow night.

The Hokanson Family said...

and your pictures of the food are always so pretty...do you take them yourself?

Lisa K said...

I take some of the pictures and the ones I don't come from the cookbook or website I got them from.

Let me know if you make it and what you think!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin