The first recipe that I have tried from the book was a success! I've decided that I really like baking chicken because it is so much more moist than when I saute or pan fry it. I served it with couscous, although rice would be perfect with it as well. Joan Lunden's commentary with this recipe suggests serving it with platter of seasonal fruit that complements the "cumin-scented, citrusy sauce".
- Dash of cornstarch (1/4 teaspoon) - Ashlie's recommendation
- Dash of honey (2/3 teaspoon) - Ashlie's recommendation
- 3 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano (2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4-6 dashes hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin and fat removed (I used chicken breasts)
*Ashlie's tip is to marinade the chicken for 30 or more minutes. I would recommend this also!