Thursday, August 21, 2008

Blueberry Cobbler


I stocked up on berries over the past few weeks to make my years worth of jam and I had a bunch of leftovers, so I decided to experiment with some new recipes. This is a cobbler recipe that was so easy that I was able to make it with one hand. I used my other hand to hold my squirmy baby. So if I can make it holding a baby, anybody can make this! =)

Also, this recipe is flexible so if you want to use another kind of berry, go for it!

BLUEBERRY COBBLER
  • 8 tablespoons butter
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cup milk
  • 4 cups blueberry (I used fresh, but thawed frozen blueberries would work)
  • 2 tablespoon sugar
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Put butter in a 9x13 dish and set in the oven to melt. When the butter has melted, remove the pan from the oven.

Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl. Add milk and whisk to form a smooth batter. Pour batter into the pan, then scatter the berries over batter. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar.

Bake until batter browns, about 55 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin