Friday, September 19, 2008

Spaghetti alla Carbonara


I just noticed that this is my 100th post! Yay! Go food!!

This is a great recipe to make when you are running out of food in the house and have just a short amount of time to make dinner - both of which happen to me often.

SPAGHETTI ALLA CARBONARA
  • 1 lb spaghetti noodles
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 lb pancetta (or bacon), chopped
  • Freshly cracked pepper
Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Place spaghetti in boiling water with the olive oil and cook until al dente. In a skillet, cook the pancetta (or bacon) until crisp. In a bowl, beat the 3 eggs, cheese and ground pepper. Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet with the pancetta. Add egg mixture and toss the ingredients to ensure the eggs are cooked (they'll look scrambled) and everything is thoroughly mixed.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Congrats on your 100th post!
I love carbonara!

Tina Butler said...

This looks so good and so easy. I have never seen your blog but i will definitly be back.

Tina
Mommys Kitchen

Michele said...

I'm stopping by from the foodie blog roll. :-)

That's exactly what we had for dinner. I didn't feel much like cooking tonight and carbonara was perfect!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin