COUNTRY FRENCH OMELET
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup diced, unpeeled Yukon Gold potatoes (I used red potatoes)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 extra-large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives (I used basil because it was the only fresh herb on hand)
Add the bacon to a 10-inch skillet and for 3-5 minutes over medium-high heat, until the bacon is browned but not crisp. Take the bacon out of the pan and set aside on a plate.
Place the potatoes in the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Continue to cook over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes, or until very tender and browned. Remove to the same plate with the bacon.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together with a fork. After the potatoes are removed, pour the fat out of the pan and discard. Add the butter, lower the heat to low, and pour the eggs into the hot pan. Sprinkle the bacon, potatoes, and chives evenly over the top and place the pan in the oven for about 8 minutes, just until the eggs are set. Slide onto a plate, divide in half, serve hot.