Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chicken and Spinach Tetrazzini

I got this cookbook from my dad who got it as a gift from a coworker. He didn't re-gift it, I just stole it since I knew he'd never use it. There are some great recipes in this cookbook and it's fun to see what the WWE wrestlers like to eat. This particular recipe comes from the Undertaker.
Also, Joe and I had to pronounce the recipe like this lady all night long:


CHICKEN AND SPINACH TETRAZZINI
  • 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into 4-inch lengths
  • 2 cups bite-size pieces of chicken
  • 1 package frozen creamed spinach, thawed (I used Stouffer's Spinach Souffle)
  • 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
  • 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
  • 1 large garlic clove
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, separated
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cook the pieces of spaghetti in large pot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain thoroughly, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.

In a large bowl, mix the spaghetti, chicken, creamed spinach, ricotta cheese, tomatoes, garlic, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and the reserved cooking liquid. Season with pepper. Spread the mixture into a 9-inch pie plates and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 10 minutes, or until the top is a light golden color.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

HA!! I think I used to have that cookbook...I wonder what happened to it? I'm going to have to go look for it now, because I know it's not on my cookbook shelf.

Sounds like a delicious dish. Thank you, Undertaker!

Becky at VintageMixer said...

All of my favorites are in this dish. Sounds wonderful!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin