Monday, September 14, 2009

Creamy Carrot Gelatin Salad

Ok, so the the title of this sounds a little gross, but don't judge this recipe by its name! I have a lot of carrots that are going to go bad soon so I searched the internet for some new dishes that I could experiment with. Colton LOVES Jell-o with fruit in it, so I wanted to make a Jell-o dish with carrots in it and see if he likes that too. This dish is so delicious, you can't even tell there's carrot in it! I served it to my family and they all asked if coconut was in it. Ha! Here's the link for the salad.

CREAMY CARROT GELATIN SALAD
  • 1 can (8 ounce) of crushed pineapple
  • 24 marshmallows (I used the small kind)
  • 1 jar (5 ounces) cream cheese with pineapple (I just used regular cream cheese)
  • 1 package lemon Jell-o (I used Jell-O's Tropical flavor - it has pineapple, orange, and cherry flavors)
  • 1 1/2 cups boiling water
  • 3/4 cup grated carrots

Drain pineapple; reserve juice. Heat reserved pineapple juice in a small saucepan over low heat; add marshmallows, stirring until melted. Add cream cheese, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Dissolve Jello in boiling water; cool. combine marshmallow mixture with gelatin; chill until jelled to the consistency of unbeaten egg white. Stir in crushed pineapple and grated carrot; pour into an 8-inch square pan; cut carrot salad in squares to serve.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin