Friday, May 7, 2010

Bean and Vegetable Soup

A lot of people ask me what cookbooks they can get that has easy recipes that are fast to make....well here's one I'd recommend! All the recipes involve a slow cooker which is one of the easiest ways to make a meal. I'm making more of an effort to use beans as a source of protein instead of meat for every meal and that is why I chose to make this, plus it's healthy and low in calories and fat! Also because it's May and frickin' cold still, I wanted some soup. We all loved this soup, even Colton, which automatically makes it a keeper.

BEAN AND VEGETABLE SOUP
  • 8 cups of broth (I went with beef)
  • 1 small head of cabbage, chopped
  • 2 large red potatoes, chopped
  • 2 cups chopped celery
  • 2 cups chopped carrots
  • 4 cups corn
  • 2 15-ounce cans of either kidney or navy beans
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 1 teaspoon of each: salt, pepper, basil, oregano, thyme and rosemary
Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker and mix together well. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin