Monday, March 4, 2013

Mississippi Roast

This recipe I originally found on Pinterest and then my sister-in-law sent me a cookbook her church made and it was in there too. We love it! I think we've eaten it 3 times in the past month. It's so simple to make and tastes like you slaved over it all day.

MISSISSIPPI ROAST
  • 1 3-5 lb. chuck roast (make sure you get a chuck!)
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 package Au Jus dry mix
  • 1 package dry Ranch Dressing mix
  • 6-10 pepperocinis
Place roast in your slow cooker. Sprinkle with both mixes, place stick of butter on top of the roast, and then place the pepperocinis in a circle around the butter. Cook on low 6-8 hours.

*Last time we ate this Joe made a gravy with the juices in the slow cooker and I didn't watch him make it so I don't know what he did. It was delicious!! I did see flour and cornstarch out though.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin