Monday, August 20, 2007

Grilled Pineapple


Maybe it's the memory of hanging out in Maui with friends floating in my head, but I really have a thing for pineapple. Our tour of the plantation there was a bit of a let down, but from a culinary standpoint it was fantastic! The free samples were delicious and I stocked up on pineapple jam, pineapple/coconut syrup, and dried pineapple chips.

Since my return from the trip I've consumed more pineapple than ever and since I love all things grilled, I thought I'd be adventurous and grill some pineapple rings. I experimented with this recipe on my inlaws and since then we both have been making it whenever we bbq.

GRILLED PINEAPPLES
  • 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced into rings
  • 1/2 tsp honey
  • 6 tbsp melted butter
  • 1 tsp Tabasco

Place the pineapple slices in a resealable bag. Add the remaining ingredients. Seal the bag and marinade for 20-30 minutes. Grill the slices for a few minutes on each side, or until grill lines appear on the slices. Pour the marinade over hot pineapple and serve immediately. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Marye said...

YUM!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
blessings,
Marye
http://apronstringsandsimmeringthings.blogspot.com
http://bakingdelights.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin