Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pasta with Zucchini & Bacon


Zucchini and bacon. There is very little that is more comforting than these two items together, which is why it's a favorite in our home.

Oh yes. Crispy, peppery bacon. Chopped zucchini, fresh from the garden. Warm penne pasta. The deliciousness of grated Parmesan cheese. You are insane not to love this!

PASTA WITH ZUCCHINI & BACON
  • 1 lb. penne pasta
  • 12 ounces of bacon, chopped (I prefer center cut bacon, but I've used turkey bacon and it works well also!)
  • 1/2 tbsp black pepper (Use less or more depending upon your preference)
  • 1 large, or 2 medium zucchini, chopped
  • 1 cup grate Parmesan cheese

Cook the pasta in according to package directions to al dente. Drain the water, but reserve about 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Set aside.

In a large pan, cook the bacon with the pepper. Just before the bacon turns crisp, add the zucchini. Cook together until the zucchini is soft. Add the pasta and reserved water to the pan. Sprinkle cheese on top and toss to combine. Serve immediately. Enjoy!

5 comments:

The Yosts said...

looks good- I wonder how sun dried tomatoes would be with it too?

Lisa K said...

I'm not a fan of the tomato, so I haven't tried that yet. Let me know if you do!

Anne Lossing said...

Hi Lisa,

This recipe looks really tasty, and is just the sort of thing I need for lunch today (fridge full of zucchinis).

Thanks for the comment on my blog. It took me some time to figure out how to use the "Read More" function, and since I figured it out, I have been mostly offline (modem/satelite problems) so haven't yet added the recipes for each food. If you send me your address, I can send it fast and easy. I plan to add it to the blog, but it might still take some time while I am getting caught up on 2 weeks of unanswered mail.

Thanks, and I will bookmark your blog to check in regularly. I like your style!

Anne

TraciP said...

This looks yummy!

Sunday Cook said...

This looks delicious - after all, who doesn't love bacon?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin