- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (I ran out of vanilla and used almond extract, it was great!)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I omitted this because I'm not a fan of nuts in my dessert)
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (again, I used almond extract)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Fold in the zucchini and walnuts. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the brownies spring back when gently touched. To make the icing, melt together the cocoa and butter, set aside to cool. In a medium bowl, blend together the powder sugar, milk and vanilla. Stir in the cocoa mixture. Spread over cooled brownies before cutting into squares.