Friday, August 3, 2007

Peanut Butter Brownies

It's official. I've become obsessed with this cookbook. I just can't help myself! Sigh.


If you love peanut butter (or obsessed like me), then this cookbook is a must have for your collection. Lee Zalben, the author, also owns a restaurant in NYC that sells all his heavenly creations. I'm so mad that I discovered Peanut Butter & Co. RIGHT AFTER I returned from NYC! Oh well, moving on.....I've tried just about every sandwich recipe and they are all terrific. My personal favorite is the Fluffernutter - peanut butter and marshmellow cream. I had a roommate from New Hampshire that swore up and down that the Fluffernutter was the best sandwich on earth, but I always thought she was gross for thinking the two ingredients go together. Oh how I was wrong.


Anyways, I added a slight twist to these brownies, which called for 2/3 cup of chunky peanut butter, but I also added probably a 1/4 cup of dark chocolate peanut butter that Peanut Butter & Co. sells. You can buy their products at Smiths Grocery (top shelf next to the Nutella).



PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES

  • 1 box of yellow or white cake mix (I used yellow)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1/4 cup dark chocolate peanut butter (If you so desire)

Mix the cake mix, eggs and oil until thoroughly combined. Add peanut butter and mix until incorporated. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes in a 9x13 pan.


1 comment:

kristen said...

i love peanut butter too...and i definitely love the fluffernutter! i'll have to try these brownies out!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin