Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Margarita Salad


My favorite salad this summer has been one that my sister-in-law, Ashlie, introduced to Joe and me when we visited her this summer in Falls Church, VA. She is a great cook and does an excellent job of finding scrumptious healthy recipes.

This recipe is a lot of fun because of the main ingredient in the dressing/marinade....margarita mix! I've actually been tempted to use other drink mixes like pina colada and strawberry daquiri...I'll keep you updated when I experiment with those. The dressing mixture makes quite a bit, so I use what I'm not going to need to marinade chicken with, then grill the chicken to go with the salad. YUM!

MARGARITA SALAD

  • 1 bag of Romaine lettuce (I actually prefer a mix of Romaine and baby spinach)
  • 1 avocado, diced or sliced
  • 1 mango, diced or sliced
  • 1 lb. strawberries, sliced
  • 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped

Dressing:

  • 1 can frozen margarita mix
  • 1/2 cup of canola oil (olive oil tastes too strong in this dressing)
  • 1/4 cup white wine vinegar

Whisk together until combined. Chill until used. This makes more than enough dressing. I only use about half of it. With the other half, marinade some chicken in it and grill it.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin