Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Ravioli with Butter and Parmesan Sauce



I'd like to preface this blog by saying that I think Giada de Laurentiis is a very passionate and talented chef with amazing recipes, but why the heck is she so skinny? Her job is to make PASTA! Does she ever eat any of it? I like that her show is filmed as if it's a documentary. The lighting and the camera work and the cha-cha-cha! of the score while she is chopping or working is very PBS-esque.


My mother-in-law made this dish for Christmas Eve last year and I have been in love with it ever since! I can't make it too often though, pine nuts are sometimes hard to come by and there's a lot of buttah in the sauce.


RAVIOLI WITH BUTTER AND PARMESAN SAUCE

from Everyday Italian with Giada de Laurentiis

  • 2 packages (11 ounce) ravioli - the recipe calls for wild mushroom ravioli, but I've yet to find this in the store, so I stick with cheese
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
  • 6 tbsp toasted pine nuts
  • 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
  • 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cook the ravioli in a large pot of boiling salted water until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain and put on a platter.
Meanwhile, cook the butter in a heavy medium frying pan over medium-high heat until pale golden, about 4 minutes. Add the basil leaves and cook until lightly fried, about 2 minutes. Add the pine nuts. Pour over the cooked ravioli. Grate 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg directly over ravioli. Sprinkle Parmesan over dish and serve.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin