Friday, March 14, 2008

Orange and Almond Salad

This is the salad that I make most often in the spring and summer time because it's so refreshing and easy to make. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law who also makes this often in the summer. I can't wait for fruit to be in season and this salad gets me excited for it!!

ORANGE AND ALMOND SALAD
  • 1 bag of your choice of salad greens (I prefer Romaine and/or baby spinach)
  • 1 medium Bermuda onion, sliced into rings (any sweet onion will do, or you can just leave it out)
  • 11 ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
  • 1 small jicama, sliced into thin strips
  • 4 ounces sliced almonds
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
Dressing:
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
  • 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
  • 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoons Good Seasons dry Italian dressing mix
Mix first four ingredients. Fry nuts with sugar until sugar turns to liquid and coats the nuts. Cook on medium, stirring constantly. Mix dressing and chill. Pour dressing on salad just before serving. Sprinkle nuts on top.

2 comments:

Gabi said...

I love these kinds of salads- looks so delicious!

Candi said...

We tried this last night and both really liked it! I love salads with fruit - 2 birds with one stone!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin