Saturday, April 12, 2008

Texas Caviar

My friend Lindsay called me this morning wanting my recipe for Texas Caviar. I told her to quit being lazy and just get it off my blog to which she replied that she had tried and couldn't find it. To my dismay, I had never posted it! This is hands down the most requested thing that I bring to get-togethers and potlucks. It is so amazingly good and healthy - minus the chips that you are dipping with.

TEXAS CAVIAR
  • 2 cans black beans
  • 1 can red beans
  • 1 can black eyed peas
  • 1 can white corn
  • 1 can yellow corn
  • 2 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
  • 1 can sliced or chopped olives
  • 1 small bottle Zesty Italian dressing (or half the bottle of the regular-sized one)
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
  • Serve with either Frito Scoops or tortilla chips
Drain all the beans, corn, and olives. Mix together and let sit in the fridge for 24 hours. You can serve in less time, but the taste gets better over time. Go make this now!!

5 comments:

The Yosts said...

So bringing this to my next friend get together. Thanks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
also known as shell said...

I'm making this today yay!

Anonymous said...

making this again! Thanks for having this site! miss you :)

julz said...

I just called Lindsay for an appetizer idea, and she said call Lisa for her Texas caviar recipe:) miss you!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin