Friday, April 18, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup

One of my new favorite grocery purchases is a rosemary garlic rotisserie chicken from the Albertsons deli. It's perfect because I usually get home late from grocery shopping and don't have any time to prepare a meal. This way it's already done for me!

So I had some leftover chicken meat and the first thought that came to mind was chicken noodle soup! It's one of Joe's faves and I had never made it from scratch, so I gave it a try last night. I got this recipes from AllRecipes.com and it was so easy and tasted delicious!!

CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
  • 1/2 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
  • 1 1/2 cups egg noodles
  • 1 cup sliced carrots
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes. Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Shan @ Design Gal said...

Okay, so I got a similar comment on my blog- weird!

Anyway, I'm totally making this soup! It's Andrew's favorite! Thanks for the recipe!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin