Joe and I love breakfast for dinner. Especially when I haven't been grocery shopping in awhile and we're low on food. I usually rely on Bisquick for my pancakes but thought I'd try to make some from scratch. I got this recipe from AllRecipes.com and went with this one because it had the most reviews. Joe absolutely loved these pancakes and ate like 7 of them. He also kept telling me that we should make them for other people so they can taste their fluffy goodness. So definitely make these this weekend!!
TRUCK-STOP BUTTERMILK PANCAKES (serves 5)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 cups and 1 tablespoon buttermilk (I make this by adding a little bit of vinegar to regular milk)
- 2 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/8 pinch salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons and 1/4 teaspoon sugar
Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side. Continue with remaining batter.