Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lisa's Coleslaw

Since this weekend is probably the most popular BBQ-ing weekend of the year, I thought I'd post a favorite side dish of ours at any BBQ. It's your classic, traditional coleslaw...with a few of my own add-ins.

LISA'S COLESLAW
  • 1 bag of coleslaw mix
  • 2 tbsp green onions, chopped
  • 2/3 cup Miracle Whip (or mayo if you don't like MW)
  • 3 tbsp Canola oil
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • My add-ins (I usually just add one or two of these things): 1/2 tsp poppy seeds, 1 can of pineapple tidbits (drained), 1 red bell pepper (chopped), 1 package of Ramen noodles (toasted)
Combine the coleslaw and onions in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the Miracle Whip, oil, sugar, vinegar, and salt; blend thoroughly. Pour dressing over the coleslaw and toss to coat. Top with whatever add-ins you'd like. Chill no more than 2 hours until serving.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin