Friday, September 5, 2008

Chickpea Pasta with Almonds and Parmesan


I have a love/hate relationship with the show Good Things Utah. I hate it because the women on the show are sooooo annoying. They bug me so much. But I love the show because they give a lot of good tips, let me know about fun community events, highlight cool new products, and provide great recipes. This is a recipe that I saw on the show and I had a can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) that were going to go bad soon, so I thought I'd try this one out. It's very lowfat and healthy, plus Joe and I really enjoyed it. This is definitely one to try if you're trying to watch what you eat!

CHICKPEA PASTA WITH ALMONDS AND PARMESAN
  • 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 7-cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
  • 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • Kosher Salt (pinch)
  • 1 lbs. angel hair pasta
  • 1 15.5-oz can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
  • 1-cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
  • 1/4-cup unsalted, roasted almonds, chopped
  • 1/2-cup grated Parmesan
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the broth, red pepper and 3/4-tsp of salt and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring, until the broth is nearly absorbed and the pasta is al dente - about 6 minutes. Stir in chickpeas and parsley. Divide among individual bowls and top with almonds and Parmesan.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin