Saturday, October 11, 2008

Armadillo Eggs


Being a Texan, I naturally collect many cookbooks that are based on Texas foods. This recipe I got from Stewing in Texas and was intrigued mainly by the title of this recipe. How fun is that name - Armadillo Eggs?! So of course I had to try it. Also, how can you go wrong with cheese, jalapenos, and sausage? I made this for my family and everyone loved them!

ARMADILLO EGGS
  • 2 cups Bisquick
  • 1 pound sausage
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 2 jars whole jalapeno peppers
  • 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack
  • 1 package Shake 'n Bake for Pork
Mix Bisquick, sausage, and Cheddar cheese by hand. Remove stems from peppers and slice lengthwise. Stuff the peppers with the Monterrey Jack cheese. Put small pieces of the Bisquick mixture flat and wrap around the stuffed peppers to make an egg shape.

Roll each one in the Shake 'n Bake. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

2 comments:

Tina Butler said...

Hi Lisa I made these on my blog, but your recipe looks alot more healthy than mine. Especially baking instead of frying.

Megan said...

These sound like a great little snack. I'll have to try these. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin