Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pepper Rosemary Steak

I'm not a big steak person, which is blasphemy since I'm a Texan. I just don't like it if it's overcooked, which can sometimes be hit or miss if you're not making it yourself. So making steak at home is always a plus! This recipe is so delicious and I think it's because it contains one of my favorite ingredients - rosemary! I seriously could put rosemary on everything.

PEPPER ROSEMARY STEAK
  • 1/2 tablespoon cracked black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
  • 2 beef steaks (I used sirloin steaks)
  • 2 tablespoon trans-free margarine, separated (I used Smart Balance)
  • 1⁄4 cup beef broth
  • 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
Heat up a skillet on medium-heat. While your skillet is warming up, spread 1/2 tablespoon of trans-free margarine on each side of the steaks. Sprinkle pepper and rosemary on both sides of the steaks, lightly patting down into the margarine. Cook the steaks on the skillet for about 5 minutes on each side (cook according to your own desired "pinkness" inside).

Remove the steaks from the skillet and cover to keep them warm. Add the beef broth to the skillet and whisk in the corn starch. Bring to a boil over high heat, scraping particles from the bottom of the skillet. Boil for about 1 minute or until the liquid is reduced by half. Spoon the sauce over the steaks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man my mouth is watering!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin