Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Garlic and Soy Grilled Pork Chops


After a weekend of relaxing and eat A LOT of sweets, I decided that it's time for me to be serious about losing the last 10 pounds of my pregnancy weight (plus a lot more after that). So you'll notice more healthy recipes being posted because I need to eat much better than I've been doing lately. I've decided to do the South Beach Diet and here's a recipe I got from their website. Joe likes me on this diet because he really likes the food that I make for it.

GARLIC AND SOY GRILLED PORK CHOPS
  • 2 boneless center-cut pork loin chops, trimmed of all visible fat
  • 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • Fresh herbs, for garnish
Sprinkle the pork chops all over with soy sauce, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.

Coat a grill rack or broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill or broiler.

Cook the pork chops 4" from the heat, turning once halfway through cooking time, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of a chop registers 155°F and the juices run clear. Garnish with the herbs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I made this the other day and it was definitely a hit! Very easy to make, and overall yummy flavors! Healthy too, which is always an added bonus! I'll definitely make it again--thanks for posting Lisa!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin