Every fall, my grandpa makes sure that I always have an unlimited supply of zucchini and yellow squash, so I'm always trying to find new recipes to use it all. I came across this one on AllRecipes.com and made a few adaptions. This is a lot like a quiche and can be either a main dish or a side dish.
- 3 cups zucchini and yellow squash, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix (I used the low fat Bisquick)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram (I used about a teaspoon of fresh thyme instead and this was soooo good!)
- ground black pepper to taste
In a medium mixing bowl, combine squash, onion, eggs, buttermilk baking mix, vegetable oil, Parmesan cheese, marjoram (or thyme) ,and pepper; mix well. Spread into the prepared baking dish.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly brown.