Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Squash Pie


Every fall, my grandpa makes sure that I always have an unlimited supply of zucchini and yellow squash, so I'm always trying to find new recipes to use it all. I came across this one on AllRecipes.com and made a few adaptions. This is a lot like a quiche and can be either a main dish or a side dish.

SQUASH PIE
  • 3 cups zucchini and yellow squash, diced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup buttermilk baking mix (I used the low fat Bisquick)
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram (I used about a teaspoon of fresh thyme instead and this was soooo good!)
  • ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10x6 inch pan or a 12 inch pie plate.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine squash, onion, eggs, buttermilk baking mix, vegetable oil, Parmesan cheese, marjoram (or thyme) ,and pepper; mix well. Spread into the prepared baking dish.


Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly brown.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Lisa, I need a Halloween themed dish to take to a Halloween party this Saturday. There is a contest for the best dish. Can you think of anything that would be yummy to take? It can be any type of food. How are you guys holding up with the passing of Grandma? I wish I could be there. Let me know how the funeral goes.
Jen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin