Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Alabama White Barbecue Sauce


I found a great new recipe blog called Southern Plate that had the most intriguing barbecue sauce that I just had to make. Apparently it's a regional specialty in Northern Alabama and people there eat it with everything from french fries to ribs. I made it this evening to go with some chicken breasts that I grilled. Oh man, this stuff was so good! Joe and I both absolutely loved it! And I bet it would taste good with french fries. I halved this recipe and it still made quite a bit, but if you kept it in a canning jar or something it would last for quite a few weeks.

ALABAMA WHITE BARBECUE SAUCE
  • 2 cups mayonnaise (I used Miracle Whip)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
  • 2 tablespoon black pepper
  • 6 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 6 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 4 tablespoon white sugar
Mix all ingredients and stir well.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin