Monday, November 10, 2008

Szechuan Beef


This is a really easy stir fry to make that tastes very good. And if you bought the beef that's already cut into strips at the grocery, you can make this dinner in 30 minutes. Gotta love that! I got this recipe from AllRecipes.com - like most my recipes. I served this with rice.

SZECHUAN BEEF
  • 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into bite size strips
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used sesame oil)
  • 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
  • 2 small onions, cut into wedges
  • 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained (I substituted a bell pepper)
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup peanuts
Toss beef with soy sauce, cornstarch, crushed red pepper and garlic in non-metal bowl. Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes.

Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Stir fry beef until no longer pink, 5 minutes. Stir in broccoli, onions and water chestnuts (or bell pepper); cook 2 minutes. Pour in broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in peanuts, cook one minute more, and serve.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am making this tonight! FOr real I am!!!

Lindsay said...

It was very good. Repeatable experience. Although, I want to double the sauce. I like to have a lot of sauce on my rice!! THanks for the recipe!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin