This is a really easy stir fry to make that tastes very good. And if you bought the beef that's already cut into strips at the grocery, you can make this dinner in 30 minutes. Gotta love that! I got this recipe from AllRecipes.com - like most my recipes. I served this with rice.
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into bite size strips
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used sesame oil)
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 small onions, cut into wedges
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained (I substituted a bell pepper)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup peanuts
Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Stir fry beef until no longer pink, 5 minutes. Stir in broccoli, onions and water chestnuts (or bell pepper); cook 2 minutes. Pour in broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in peanuts, cook one minute more, and serve.