I absolutely love foil dinners for two reasons. One, I like the fact that the chicken and added veggies cook within the liquid and remains very moist. Second, it's easily freezable so you can make a lot at one time and then throw some in the freezer for a future dinner! (Note, you don't want to add any liquid to the ones you're throwing in the freezer, just the meat and veggies). I got this recipe from the Kraft website. Joe and I really liked it!!
FOIL-PACKED SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN DINNER
- 1-3/4 cups warm water
- 2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Light Ranch Dressing
- 1-1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and both ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place in 15x10x1-inch pan.
BAKE 25 to 30 min. or until chicken is done (165°F). Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening each packet.