Monday, November 3, 2008

Wild Rice & Turkey Pot Pie


I love pot pies. Especially on crisp, fall days....like today! I wanted to make a pot pie for dinner tonight, but I wanted something different from the regular recipe I use. Because I didn't have pie crusts to use, I decided to try a Bisquick crust, so I went to their site to find a recipe. I found this one and we really liked it. I found the addition of wild rice to be delicious and more filling! I will definitely make this again with Thanksgiving leftovers.

WILD RICE & TURKEY POT PIE

Filling:
  • 2 cups cooked wild rice
  • 2 cups cooked turkey
  • 12 ounce bag of frozen vegetables, thawed and drained
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons minced onion (I forgot to put this in but seasoned with pepper and thyme)
Topping:
  • 1 1/2 cup Bisquick mix
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Reserve 1/2 cup of the wild rice in a medium bowl. In 2-quart casserole dish, stir remaining rice and remaining filling ingredients until mixed.

Into reserved 1/2 cup wild rice, stir all the topping ingredients with a fork until blended. Pour over turkey mixture.

Bake uncovered 30-35 minutes or until crust is brown.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin