Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cheesecake Bars

One of my New Years Resolutions is to make one recipe out of each of my cookbooks this year. I decided that the best way for me to organize all this is to go through my cookbooks in alphabetical order. So starting with the first cookbook, I made cheesecake bars from 101 Things To Do With A Cake Mix.
These bars turned out to be so delicious! We took them to Joe's parents house to have for dessert and everyone really loved them. As they were baking, I thought maybe they would need fruit to go on top of them, like you would on cheesecake, but these don't need it at all. I will be making this one again!

CHEESECAKE BARS

Bottom Layer:
  • 1 yellow cake mix
  • 1 stick butter, melted and cooled
  • 1 egg, beaten
Top Layer:
  • 1 pound powdered sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add cake mix and beaten egg to cooled butter. Spread mixture into bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.

In a separate bowl, mix together powdered sugar, eggs, softened cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth. Spread mixture over bottom layer. Bake 30-35 minutes.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Those sound so easy and delicious! I think I'm going to give them a try -- after I get through all of my OWN cookbooks, that is!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin