Thursday, January 22, 2009

Paradise Rice

One of our family's favorite TV shows growing up was The Andy Griffith Show. I know that I've seen every episode at least twice. Same with Cheers and Golden Girls. So when I saw this cookbook, naturally I had to buy it.

Paradise Rice is very similar to fried rice, but this is heartier - more of a main dish instead of a side dish. Joe and I really liked this meal and think it would be good to add peas and carrots, like you would find in fried rice.

PARADISE RICE
  • 4 cups rice, cooked
  • 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 6 eggs, scrambled and finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • Green onions, chopped
  • 1 7-ounce can white chunk chicken
In a saucepan, combine the rice and 1/2 cup of bacon drippings. Add the remaining ingredients and heat through.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin