Friday, April 3, 2009

Heavenly Barbecue Sauce

This is my last "Best of the Best" cookbook! I have a lot of recipe marked off to try in this one. Also, if you are into dutch oven cooking, there are a lot of recipes in this cookbook for that.

I have a roast in my freezer that needed to be cooked soon so when I ran across this recipe, I decided to try it out with the roast and to slow cook the two together. This turned out to be one of the best barbecued roasts I've ever made! We absolutely love this sauce and will make it the one we use every time.

HEAVENLY BARBECUE SAUCE
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon horseradish
  • 1 tablespoon grated onion (I use dehydrated onion flakes)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Ac'cent (I omitted this since it's MSG....bad stuff)
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon oregano (I used fresh since I had it on hand)
  • 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
Mix all ingredients together ahead of time so that spices are able to blend well. When doubling the recipe, do not fully increase the horseradish, salt, Tabasco, and cayenne, or sauce will be too hot.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

YUM. I love ketchup-based BBQ sauce. Now I'm hungry for BBQ roast...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin