This cookbook is the sequel to my other Texas cookbook and I think I like this one more than the other one. I have a bunch of recipes marked off in here to try!
Joe and I really liked this chicken salad. It's very filling because of all the protein in the salad. This would be a great salad to make ahead of time and take somewhere. We had it the next day as a sandwich and it was really good that way too.
COLD CURRIED CHICKEN SALAD
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts, crushed (cashews would be a good substitute)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used Miracle Whip Light)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice