Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Herbed Noodles

I got this cute cookbook, Cooking in Oz, at the library and just loved it! All the recipes came from people in the movie and it gave a lot of fun facts from the Wizard of Oz.

This meal was so delicious! I just love pasta dishes that don't have tomatoes in it. I changed the recipe up a bit and it made it that much more savory. It was also super easy to put together.

HERBED NOODLES
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
  • 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (I also added fresh rosemary and fresh oregano)
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup boiling water
  • 8 ounces fettucine or medium noodles
  • 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
In a saucepan combine the butter, herbs, and pepper. Blend in the cream cheese; stir in the boiling water. Blend well. Keep warm.

Cook noodles in large amount of boiling salted water till just tender; drain. Turn into mixing bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese; toss well. Place noodles in serving dish and top with herbed cheese sauce. Serve with remaining cheese.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I'm making these as soon as my oven is fixed! You KNOW how much I love cream cheese. These sound fantastic!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin