We both really liked it! The only change I'd make next time is to add fresh spinach instead of frozen spinach. I don't know if it's the fact that I know it's frozen and gross looking or that it tastes different, but I just don't like it. I would definitely recommend trying this if you haven't had it yet!
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (I used fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (I used fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly. Mix in the broth and milk, and boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Season with the basil, oregano, and ground black pepper. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer with 1/3 of the noodles, the ricotta, and the chicken. Arrange 1/3 of the noodles over the chicken, and layer with 1/3 of the sauce mixture, spinach, and the remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange remaining noodles over cheese, and spread remaining sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.