Monday, August 24, 2009

Mexican Pasta Skillet


This is just one of those basic one-pot meals that tastes so good and requires ingredients that you usually always have on hand. In meal planning for the week, I want to simplify things and focus on one-pot meals. So here is my first one I tried this week and you can find it here on the Betty Crocker site. The whole family loved it and I'll definitely be making this one again.

MEXICAN PASTA SKILLET
  • 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (I used ground turkey)
  • 1 jar (16 oz) salsa (I used salsa verde)
  • 1 cup tomato sauce
  • 2 cups macaroni noodles, pre-cooked
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 1 bell pepper, diced (this wasn't part of the recipe, I just added it at the last minute)
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
In a skillet, cook until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa and tomato sauce. Heat to boiling. Stir in macaroni, corn, and bell pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and serve warm.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Sounds so simple and delicious: comfort food at its best! I'm putting this one on my list to try.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin