Monday, October 12, 2009

Eggplant Parmesan

Eggplant has been one of those veggies that I would eye at the grocery and farmers markets but would NEVER attempt to buy it. Gross. Well something just came over me last week and I decided to buy one and make eggplant parmesan. No clue what would come of this but I figured I should try it before concluding that it was disgusting. I took a few recipes and combined them into this one and we loved it! I seriously could have eaten the whole thing by myself. If you haven't ever tried eggplant, try this recipe!

EGGPLANT PARMESAN
  • 1 medium eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 2-4 tbsp kosher salt
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce of your choice
  • 1 package of spaghetti noodles, cooked
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
Sweat the eggplant by generously sprinkling the eggplant slices with kosher salt (this takes the bitterness out). Let this sit for 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry with a paper towel. Dip the slices into the beaten eggs and then coat with the bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet coated with olive oil. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese on the eggplant slices. Bake for 7 minutes at 450 degrees and then flip them over and bake for an additional 7 minutes. While this is baking, combine the spaghetti sauce and noodles. Serve the eggplant over the spaghetti and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin