Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ritz Cracker Pie

I ran across this recipe on Heidi's blog and was so intrigued by it. How could a Ritz Cracker Pie be any good? Well let me tell you...it's delicious! I made it for my family on New Years and everyone really liked it. With all the pecans in it it tastes similar to a pecan pie. It was so easy to make that I would highly recommend everyone to try it!

RITZ CRACKER PIE
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 20 crumbled Ritz crackers (no substitutes)
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • Cool Whip, Dream Whip or whipped cream
Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 9 inch pie pan. Beat egg whites and baking powder until stiff. Blend in sugar and add crackers, pecans and vanilla. Pour into pie pan and bake 30 minutes. Cool completely and top with whipped topping of choice. Chill in refrigerator.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! It really is my favorite pie and usually it seems people either love it or hate it.

ginger said...

Interesting! I've also seen recipe for pies made with crackers that were meant to taste like apple but I've never had the courage to try them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin