Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ruby Red Pretzel Dip

This is another snack I made for the Super Bowl but with all the chaos I forgot to get it out of the fridge during the game! So Joe and I ate a lot of it and I also took to a play group. Everyone enjoyed it and thought it almost tasted "Christmas-y" because of the cranberries. I would recommend it as a finger food for an open house or something kinda fancy. I got the recipe from a Taste of Home cookbook.

RUBY RED PRETZEL DIP
  • 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon cold water
  • Red food coloring, optional
  • Pretzels
In a saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; whisk over medium heat until smooth. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; add to cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; stir in food coloring if desired. Cover and chill overnight. Serve with pretzels.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin