Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cinnamon Popcorn

There's a monthly neighborhood playgroup that Colton and I attend and we are supposed to bring a snack to share with everyone. As usual, I completely forgot until this morning about the snack part and to make it worse, it was supposed to be a green snack! Aside from some cucumbers, frozen peas, and 2 celery stalks, I had nothing else green on hand. I got the creative juices flowing and thought about making some sort of flavored popcorn that is green since I always have lots of popcorn around here. It turned out awesome and wish there had been more leftover so I could have eaten it all!

CINNAMON POPCORN
  • 1 bag popcorn (I'd go with the lowfat kind since you'll be adding more butter to it)
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 2 heaping teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Green sugar sprinkles (optional for St. Patricks Day!)
Pop the popcorn in the microwave. Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. While that is all melting and coming to a boil, put the popcorn in a large bowl. Once the sugar mixture is boiling, take it off and pour if over the popcorn. Stir the popcorn until everything is mixed.

You can eat it like this if you'd like (make sure it's cooled down) and it would be gooey and delicious. If you want it hard and delicious (I think this is the best route if you're sharing) then bake it on a cookie sheet in the oven at 250 degrees for about 20 minutes. Whichever method you'd like to go with, sprinkle with the sugar sprinkles at the end!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I am drooling. That sounds delicious and I am making it ASAP!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin