- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (use all-purpose if you don't have any of this)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil (you can use applesauce if you want it healthier)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini (DON'T squeeze the water out of them unless you want dry bread)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips OR walnuts OR pecans (optional)
Sift the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon together in a bowl. In another bowl beat together the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Add dry sifted ingredients to this bowl and mix together. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips or nuts until combined.
Pour into bread pans and bake for 50-60 minutes (check with a toothpick to see if the middle is done). Cool bread for 30 minutes on a rack and then take it out of the pan. Let it completely cool before slicing. Enjoy!!