Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Frito Dish

This is a recipe that I grew up on and is classic comfort food. It was a favorite as a kid and still is today! I didn't know this until we made a family cookbook but this recipe comes from my Grandma B. I made it for my family and inlaws for the first time a few weeks ago (I usually make my mom make it) and everyone loved it! The meat in this is very juicy so that you don't need any dressing. And it tastes good with both regular Fritos and the chili cheese Fritos. Yum!!

FRITO DISH
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 package taco seasoning
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 cups of shredded cheese (cheddar, colby jack, etc)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1 head of lettuce, shredded
  • 1 bag of Fritos
Brown the beef with the taco seasoning. Drain most of the grease, but leave some. Add the flour and brown with the meat until flour is brown. Add water, a little at a time, stirring constantly until mixture boils. Let simmer until it thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over Fritos and top with onion, tomato, lettuce and cheese.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin