Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hummus and Veggie Sandwich

I have a friend named April who introduced me to a very yummy sandwich this summer. We were having a picnic with our kids at a museum and I was quite intrigued with what she was eating. It was a hummus sandwich with shredded carrots, cucumbers, sprouts, and maybe a couple of other vegetables. Joe and I love hummus so I was anxious to try this. Her tip was to be sure to shred the carrots, which for some reason does make it taste better, and then we added veggies that we love and usually always have on hand - cucumbers and bell peppers. It was so good and healthy! We've since shared it with Colton, my mom and Grandpa B. They all love it and we make it very often. I would highly encourage everyone to try it for a healthy sandwich and your kids may end up loving it too!

HUMMUS AND VEGGIE SANDWICH
  • Whole wheat sandwich bread
  • Hummus - whatever brand you like or you can make it yourself!
  • Shredded carrots
  • Any other veggies you like, cut thin (bell peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, sprouts, artichoke hearts, spinach, tomatoes, etc.)
Make a sandwich of these ingredients and you're done!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin