Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dirt Cake

 For Colton's birthday this year I thought I'd steal a brilliant idea from Cassie and make him a dirt cake that I could put in a toy for him to eat. I wanted to put it in a dump truck like Cassie but when we were at the store Colton threw a huge fit that he didn't want a dump truck but a farm tractor instead. It's his birthday, after all, so I let him win that battle. Colton loved helping me make the cake, especially licking the spoons and putting the gummy worms in it! This recipe is very easy and requires no baking, so I will be repeating this one a lot.

DIRT CAKE
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 3 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 32 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies with creme filling 
  •  A fun serving dish - a toy, flower pot with fake flowers, etc.
Chop cookies very fine in food processor. The white cream will disappear. Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in bowl. In a large bowl mix milk, pudding and whipped topping together. Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together. Layer in a serving dish, starting with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers. Chill until ready to serve.  

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Awesome! I love the idea of putting it in a tractor!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin