Sunday, August 7, 2011

Zucchini Blueberry Muffins

I love growing zucchini and having it overflowing so that I can try new recipes with them! I had a bunch of blueberries so I wanted to find a recipe that uses both the berries and zucchini and I ran across this bread recipe on AllRecipes.com. Since I had already made zucchini bread, I decided to turn these into muffins and they were delicious!

ZUCCHINI AND BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 2 cups shredded zucchini
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 pint fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 24 muffin cups. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared muffin cups. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin