Monday, March 5, 2012

Cobb Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette


This salad was so good, I pretty much wanted to eat the entire bowl by myself. Yes, this was another Pinterest recipe and you can find it here. I added a few changes to the salad due to what I had on hand, but mostly stuck with the original. I will definitely be making this often.

COBB SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE
Salad
  • One large head of romaine (I went with two normal sized heads)
  • 2 lbs chicken breasts, grilled or cooked in leftover bacon grease and chopped (I left this out)
  • 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
  • 1/2 lb bacon, chopped and cooked crisp 
  • 2 large avocados, chopped 
  • 1/2 red onion, diced (I used green onions)
  • 2 large tomatoes, diced 
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 cup shredded Monterrey and Colby cheese (or crumbled blue cheese) 
  • Salt and pepper
Dressing
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest 
  • The juice of 1 lemon 
  • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar 
  • 2 tablespoons agave syrup 
  • 1/4 cup olive oil 
  • Salt and pepper
Method
1. Cook bacon until crisp. Reserve bacon fat to cook chicken in if desired. Salt and pepper chicken. Grill chicken or cook in bacon fat for extra flavor.
2. Add lettuce to a large bowl. Top with cooked and chopped chicken, crisp bacon, chopped hard boiled eggs, avocados, onion, tomatoes and cheese.
3. Combine lemon zest, red wine vinegar and agave syrup for salad dressing to a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil. Add salt and pepper.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin