Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sausage and Peppers

I first had this dish at my inlaws and when I had some extra sausages and bell peppers on hand, I thought I'd try and recreate it! My mother-in-law couldn't remember her recipes so I researched many recipes online, took ideas from here and there, then created my own. I really love this dish and will make it often.

SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS
  • 1/2 package of either penne or bowtie pasta
  • 6 sausages of your choice (most people use Italian or kielbasa, we love chicken and apple sausage), cut into bite-size pieces
  • 3 assorted bell peppers, cut into strips
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta al dente. While the pasta is cooking, brown the sausage in a skillet. Remove from skillet onto a plate and add the olive oil, bell peppers, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Saute until the peppers are tender. Add the cooked pasta and sausage to the peppers. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin