Due to my new job status of Stay-At-Home-Mom, I will no longer be bringing in a paycheck so I have decided to become a coupon user and be a little more thrifty when grocery shopping. Yesterday when I went shopping they were having a "buy one get one free" sale on pork chops, so I stocked up. I rarely cook with pork chops. In fact, I think I've only ever made one dish with them. So I checked out AllRecipes.com and found a highly rated recipe that turned out to be really good!
CARAMEL APPLE PORK CHOPS
- 4 pork chops
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (I used Canola oil)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (I used a whole teaspoon...I love cinnamon)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (I probably used about half a teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons butter (I doubled this)
- 2 apples - peeled, cored, and sliced (I used Red Delicious apples)
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, optional
In another skillet, melt the butter. Add the apples and sprinkle brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg over apples. Stir to combine. Cover and cook until the apples are tender and the liquid thickens.
Serve the pork chops with the apples and sauce poured over top. Sprinkle with pecans.