Monday, November 17, 2008

Chicken Bow Tie Pasta Salad


This is the BEST pasta salad ever. Seriously. You have to make. I first had this salad at a family reunion and one of Joe's cousins brought it. My mother-in-law and I made her give us the recipe and we've both been making it ever since! It's perfect for summer events, but I make it year round.

CHICKEN BOW TIE PASTA SALAD
  • 4 cups cooked chicken, diced
  • 2 cups chopped celery
  • 1 cup red grapes, halved
  • 1 20-ounce can pineapple tidbits
  • 1 12-ounce package bow tie pasta, cooked
  • 3 green onions, sliced
  • 1 cup cashew halves
  • 2 cups red apple, diced
  • 2 cans mandarin oranges
Dressing:
  • 1 small bottle coleslaw dressing
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 teaspoon of each - ginger, thyme, and curry
Make the dressing first by whisking together all the ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients, add the dressing and stir until well mixed. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

1 comment:

Cindy C. said...

Sally shared some of this salad with me while I was in Utah and I loved it! I talked her out of the recipe as well and tried it at one of our family parties and it was a hit with everyone! Thanks for posting it again, as I haven't gotten around to typing it up!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin